Saturday, December 15, 2012

Most Pleased With the Ride the Dragon Podcast

The "Celebration of Circe Broom" has been downloaded, I think, more times than anything I put out there before and "Floating Out to Sea" has seen quite a few downloads as well, both far outstripping anything else in the list.  Rather than sitting about glorying in those facts, there's only one thing to do:  record more stuff.  You can hear / download both songs for free on the Ride the Dragon podcast.

There isn't any particular plan as to doing some soft love song instead of something that smokes and flames as I very much enjoy both, it's just the latter gives the opportunity to push myself and the guitar as far as they will go.  Some think that smoke and flames just shows string bending and the use of electronic toys but I don't see it that way at all and don't even remotely worry about me getting defensive about it.

The one drawback to the podcast is that it doesn't make any money so perhaps the answer is to organize the best ones for a CD for digital download only.  I can release it to iTunes for about twenty or thirty dollars and that could possibly be productive.  I'd like doing it as that would go out under my real name rather than a pseudonym and I doubt it would feel strange promoting it.  We shall see.

No comments: