Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cat Boucher, Owner of Cat's Art MusikCircus in Second Life


This will be as much as you will ever know about my hugs!  I've never hugged Cat when she looked like this but I was most appreciative of hugging her when she was a Snow Monkey.  Yes, of course, she's the Monkey in "The Tiger and the Monkey" poem although how we got to be a Tiger and a Monkey is yet another story.

Cat owns Cat's Art MusikCircus in Second Life and she favors a quite progressive style in the performers who play there.  This means she sometimes has to reject performers who do not really fit the style she is trying to present and this troubles her heart which is one of the many adorable things about her.

Most of the acts Cat presents are European and this dictates the timing for the performances at about 2pm or 3pm US Pacific Time which corresponds to midnight or 1am Greek time.  Greece is one hour ahead of Germany and two hours ahead of the UK so this timing presents the acts in the evening for Europe.

While I love to watch Cat dance during the shows and I've told her so, I tremendously enjoy the musicians she finds as they are definitely not mainstream.  She has invited me to play at the MusikCircus and it would make me quite proud to be part of that company.

(Ed:  So, dude, is this about music or love?)

Both, bro (smiles)

It really looks like the cough has broken as it was brutal when I got up from lying down but that has now calmed considerably.  Lotho was quite worried as he knows the risks but I do believe it is now passing.  I would tell you if it were not as it wouldn't help anyone if I glossed over it.  So now it looks like I might actually last long enough to play some gigs for Cat!

(Ed:  Are you going to go gallivanting off to Germany now?)

Ach nein, mein Bruder, das ist nicht in die Karten.  (Oh no, my brother, that is not in the cards.)

If this were twenty years ago and other things were different, I would dash in a second but only the very young don't know that song!

(Ed:  So she's the reason you've been butchering German?)

Ach so, ach so!   (laughs)

No comments: