Saturday, December 8, 2012

Now You Have Company


Harry brought the firewood over tonight and he even started the first fire.  It's very much appreciated as I've been quite cold and the fire has warmed the place up very nicely.  Harry and I talked about various things for a while, the front end of the scooter among them, and as he left he said, "Now you have company."

It was very sweet and he's one hell of a good guy.  He doesn't have to do half the stuff he does but he's a very big-hearted man and I'm very glad to know him.  I've met most of his family and they're very loving people.  Mary was right in picking this place before I got here.  I'm sure I wouldn't be happier anywhere else.

What Harry said about company was charming but I'm really not lonely.  I miss people who have been in my life and who can't be here too but that's the nature of life and I don't mean to change that nature so much as be able to appreciate it better.  I've been moving ever since I was a kid and I get restless if I don't.  Maybe it's not so much the nature of life but rather my nature and whichever falls true, it comes out the same:  I won't forget you if you can't come to visit.

Tonight I also gave Harry a link to the video Robert69 Little shot of the "Celebration of Circe Broom" and we'll see what he thinks.  He owns the Melrose Rock Bar and I'm still mixed on whether playing out anywhere is a good idea as I'm hardly going to be the object of any young girl's affection!  Mary said to go for it, you never know (laughs).  Maybe she's right but I remember how we looked at old guys in rock bars when I was a young 'un ... but those old guys weren't playing guitars.  We shall see!

2 comments:

Dennis Moser said...

Just remember why you started playing guitar in the first place and you'll be fine ...

Unknown said...

I heard one sing and thought, damn, I want to do that! Then I held one in my hands and felt it vibrate when the strings were plucked. It was alive. All over from then on! It had nothing to do with attracting hot babes although that's quite the intriguing old guy fantasy (laughs).