Thursday, December 27, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Special Friend, Mary

Mary has been a very special friend who has helped me enormously since coming to Greece.  She found me a place to live and introduced me to Harry and his wonderful family.  She introduced me to Georgia who has worked so hard as my dentist.  She has cooked some marvelous meals and she has kicked my ass at chess.  Yes, she is a very special friend and today is her birthday.

Maybe you think, marry this girl and this would be quite a good idea if she were not years younger and did not already have a boyfriend (laughs).  It's a privilege to have her in my life as it's quite a lovely thing to have a relationship in which you're not trying to hit on each other, it's simply for the pleasure of each other's company and, well, to thump each other at chess!

Thank you, Mary, and I hope it's the happiest of birthdays for you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Alan. You Do mean so much to me. Hugs and kisses!
Mary

Unknown said...

Hugs and kisses back at you! I know you'll still try to destroy me the next time we play, tho! (laughs)

Some chess-playing friends may visit one day and I'm sure they wouldn't mind a shot at the title in the Great Greek Chess Tournament. Since we're currently tied after nine games, I suspect the Tournament will still be continuing whenever they arrive. You're a very sweet lady and a formidable adversary! I hope you know I mean that as a high compliment!