Saturday, December 29, 2012

So, What About the Fraser Jams

This may seem a prelude to introducing my private stock of marmalade but actually it's about copping a plea as to why I haven't been playing much.  There's no complexity as there was so much coughing that it drilled my shoulder and playing when your fingers sting is one thing but this was a bit much.  It's slowly easing off and I want to make a song of "The Tiger and the Monkey" as I haven't done a mushy love song in a while and, hey, I like doing them.

(Ed:  Did you fool around and fall in love?)

Well, except for the fooling around part, yah (laughs).  It's straight out of "Gimme Three Steps" as hey there, mister, I didn't even kiss her!

(Ed:  Would you tell me if you did?)

Good point as, no, I wouldn't (laughs).  However it doesn't reflect badly on her honor if I tell you in truth that I didn't!  I'm her Tiger, her Guardian, bro, and I love that!

(Ed:  She wants you to play for her?)

Yep, thanks for bringing this back to the point as recording songs is one thing but the only thing that matters is live and that's a delicate situation as the euros are exceptionally tight.  Monday will see the request going back to Harry to get the phone line activated as there's no other solution.  It's also the day the transfer of the scooter will be final and some euros will be needed for that but I'm not sure how many.

Friday was a day of the Greek Tax Office and other places to get papers approved, stamped, and all the stuff that governments do to make sure people don't get too bored with life.  I now have a Tax Number which I believe is roughly equivalent to a Social Security number in the U.S. insofar as it permits me to work.  That won't make any difference to playing live as any pay from that would be in U.S. dollars to a U.S. bank but it could make a difference if anything came up over here.

So it's all coming along.  It's slow but the campaign is non-stop.  There will be music!

No comments: