Saturday, December 22, 2012

Great Greek Chess Tournament Deferred to Sunday at Kastro's Bar

There was a surprise suggestion of a game today and I'm up for a death match any time so I rode over to Mary's place to do combat.  The visit opened with a quite nice meal she had prepared and when that was done she talked about the Christmas tree ... which was in a box outside.  I suggested that maybe helping her with it wouldn't be such a bad idea.  She didn't go for it right away as it was pretty miserable out there but before too much longer we were bringing the box inside.

Here's the result:

Christmas in Greece

It was fun for me as I don't have any intention of putting up a tree at my place and it was a treat to help her with hers.  However, the biggest help came from her daughter as neither of us knew the twisted code for the branches.  Between the three of us, the tree went up in no time and then jingle bells, jingle bells, it's Christmas in Greece!

So the Great Greek Chess Tournament is deferred until tomorrow at Kastro's Bar but you can see why and I feel pretty swell for my part in it.  If you just look at the textbook, you would probably predict that I should be tragically depressed for the holidays but I'm not at all and don't be getting dramatic in suggesting I protest too much (laughs).

No comments: