Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fuhgedaboudit

The poem in the next article is quite an angry bit but it's not indicative of the overall state of the Universe.  So what if I don't go to Ithaka as it'd be a whole lot cooler to get a ferry ride to Italy to see Reis and Aldo and watch them perform live.  That's more euros than I could possibly afford just now but it'll be outrageously cool when it does become possible.

I'm pleased that the coughing has mitigated quite a bit and I'm playing again plus getting the result online so you can hear it.  There will still be about two weeks needed to get online to stream live (i.e. work!) but time solves just about anything so that's fine.  That's in the future and I don't give a rip about the future until it gets here.  It will come.

The "Improv at the Circus" tune is something I'll almost certainly play in live gigs but it's still not pushing the RC-50 as far as it will go, ergo it's not pushing myself as far as I will go (laughs).  I'm pleased with it, tho.  "The Tiger and the Monkey" is very sweet and I like that but a set that's nothing except sweet songs is pretty much of a tofu sandwich so that's not my plan at all.  I have every intention of playing whatever the hell pops into my head and the reason I've been doing these early take releases is I want them to stay as close as possible to whatever the original thought was.  They're not much polished and there are mistakes but that's how live goes.

More to come.  On with the jams!

No comments: