Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"A Love That Didn't Grow" - Alan Fraser (audio podcast)

"A Love That Didn't Grow"is the latest and it's raw but it didn't even exist until about an hour ago.  This was recorded in one pass and it's the first take.  So what the hell if it's raw, I never heard it before either!  (laughs)

It's live insofar as I can do it without a computer and it's only one track, no overdubs.  For various desperate reasons I need to sell this computer but I couldn't cart it about on the scooter anyway so I kiss it good-bye!

Maybe you ask why not do a couple more takes but the dentist kicked my ass all the way around the block today and I'm tired!  (laughs some more)

If you're thinking it's some wimpy whiny lament then you've been reading too much Barbara Cartland. This is about kicking yourself for not doing it right the first time and go ahead and tell me you haven't made that mistake!

The lyrics are in a subsequent article and I even stuck to them pretty much.  Hopefully you'll be able to tell what they are from listening.  We'll see.

"A Love That Didn't Grow" is free on the Ride the Dragon podcast now.

No comments: