Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ain't Happening With the Local Router

Harry suggested speed testing with a hard wire to the router used for WiFi support here.  If successful then he would move the router from its current location to much closer so I could hard wire into it all the time.  He's trying to save me money because he knows things are tight and also because Greeks don't think much of spending money for no particular purpose.

There's a problem, tho.  The router doesn't support hard wires as there are no ports for them.  The only way to connect to it is via WiFi and that's cool as that is its purpose.  One possible alternative economy is for me to replace it with an alternative router that provides hard wire ports as over even the relatively short run that's less cost than a monthly payment for my own line.  However, that's assuming before buying that it has sufficient speed and that would be quite big assumption given the speed of WiFi.

So, that's the latest on getting online for audio streaming.  It looks like it's the same answer as starting out that I need to get my own line.  It's slow getting this but it will work out fairly soon.  I'm not worried about it.  The projection is still about two weeks from when the request is made to when the line is live.  I won't schedule any gigs until the line is confirmed live but I will start scheduling immediately thereafter.

No comments: