Thursday, December 27, 2012

Medora's Birthday Party in Second Life

If a birthday party in Second Life were simply a matter of getting a cake and eating sweets, there wouldn't be any need to go to Second Life as it's something you could easily do anyway.  So here's what really happens:


How's that for lighting the candles, eh?  From left to right, the ones standing up are Cat Boucher Medora Chevalier, and I.  I'm sorry that I'm not sure who was standing to the other side of me.  I also can't quite make out who is sitting down.  The ones seated were playing on instruments that will only work within Second Life and they're played much like a drum circle except there are other sounds as well, all of which combine for a quite exotic music.

Medora, among many other things, is a stage choreographer and she recently did a show in which she was working with Reis Alter and Aldo Brizzi, two astoundingly-talented Italian musicians who perform in Second Life and also in the real world.  They're so good that I've looked into taking a ferry from Greece to Italy so I could ride my scooter to see their show and visit with them.  That's not financially practical just now but someday I do hope to do that as Italy really is not so far from here.

In the stage show, Medora did the choreography and the costuming for she and Reis.  Reis was singing and dancing with Medora on the stage while Aldo played his synthesizers off-stage and the result was spectacular.  If you're thinking Medora does nothing by halves then you would be quite right as she spent the latter part of her birthday as a dragon, among many other things.

Cat doesn't do anything by halves either and here's a picture of her doing a fire dance:


If you're thinking, my word, she's gorgeous, I would like to cuddle with her then that's quite a natural thing but that isn't exactly what happened.


Now some may find it unusual to hug a Snow Monkey but that's not unusual at all in Second Life!  I'm just glad her preference was not to be a dragon as I don't think the scales would have been at all the same.  Second Life can get as sordid as you like but this wasn't sordid at all, well, unless you consider hugging a Snow Monkey to be sordid!  If this recalls the poem of "The Tiger and the Monkey" then, well, yeah (laughs).

It was quite a lovely and spectacular party and I hope quite a lovely birthday for Medora.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have photos of me hugging michi when he was being a lion. Sordid? Not at all.