Thursday, December 6, 2012

"Celebration of Circe Broom" Silas Scarborough (video)




"A Celebration of Circe Broom" performed by Silas Scarborough (yah, that's me) at the Celebration for Circe Broom Memorial at the Sunset Jazz Club.  The video was shot by Robert69 Little who did an outrageously fantastic job of it and I couldn't have ordered a more marvelous job.  What's more, he does it all for free for the love of music and the love of performers.

You will hear why it was such a big deal to me to get the twang bar right as sometimes I'll go for long periods without ever letting go of it so I can use it if I like for every note I play.

The reason I said I wouldn't sing tonight was that Circe would always say to me after shows, "Don't sing, just don't do it."

The lady in white who is dancing up front is Daisy / Yevette Nishi and there would have been no way of streaming the audio for this performance without her major help.

You can reach Ron Bizzle on Facebook where he is presenting one video after the other that he shot of the concert last night.  He is one amazing human being with a very big heart.

Thank you to Leira Vaughan and Amy Ferguson for organizing and hosting the concert and memorial. It was a wonderful and magical experience to hear it and participate in it.  Thank you to all the performers who were so wonderful about doing ten-minute sets as it was like a cavalcade of Second Life stars, many of whom Circe Broom introduced to the virtual world.

The entire company is in her debt and I have no doubt that not a one of us will ever forget her.  I get emotional every time I even think of this last week but it's good now as it really is a celebration of her rather than a regret over the loss.  Thank you most of all to Circe Broom.


Technical details:

The guitar is a Godin xtSA and sound is produced by a Boss GT-100 with the looping on a Boss RC-50 looper.

Virtual Guitar:  The guitar looks almost exactly like my real-world guitar and was custom-built by Myriam Beck.

Avatar Animation:  Ortho Vargas

No comments: