Sunday, December 16, 2012

Books and Long Underwear - Ho, Ho, Ho!

You know all that stuff you never want for Christmas?  Well, that's exactly what I want for Christmas!  Books, socks, long underwear, etc.

I wrote a previous article on the ridiculous expense of getting books from Amazon UK.  It wouldn't be ferociously terrible if there were an income that came in euros but mine doesn't and the exchange rate is brutal, particularly for British pounds.

And, yah, finding underwear has thus far defeated me.  Without delving too deep into my nasty personal habits, underwear, unless it's worn by a woman, has never held much intrigue for me.  Long johns would be exceptionally good as I've been wearing pajama pants under the jeans for riding and this is quite effective but it's a screaming bitch to suit up!

The trouble is the shipping cost but I can't believe that all shippers are as outrageous as UPS or that the quote from UPS was typical.  Something was highly-flawed in that deal or no-one would ever ship Christmas gifts anywhere but to in-laws in another U.S. state.

Books are heavy but, assuming you can find a reasonable way to do it, anything by Larry Niven and/or Larry Niven / Jerry Pournelle or generally Old School sci-fi would be very much appreciated.

I'll just keep doing what I do and hope you enjoy it and, who knows, maybe there's some kind of Christmas song that will come out of it.

Much love!

No comments: