Monday, December 3, 2012

Celebration of Circe Broom - I'm All In

Since I am on WiFi and cannot stream audio, the objective is to have Daisy stream my music in addition to my voice over Skype.  The way this will work is that I will send her an MP3 audio file that I may yet record tonight.  I started into the tune but got so jazzed with it that I wound up going thirty minutes and that won't quite squeeze into a ten-minute segment.  So I'll do it again and see about getting it stopped in ten minutes this time.

Another way to hold it at ten minutes is to tell Leira that it won't hurt my feelings if she gives me the hook (i.e. sends me a message after ten minutes and tells me to get the hell off her stage).  Since Leira controls the stream, she can cut me off without hurting things anywhere and then she can easily give the show to the next performer.  I in turn tell Daisy it's fine to drop the stream and, yahoo, it's done.

The way this works is that she's running Nicecast from Rogue Amoeba Software and it's an excellent deal at $59.00 US.  As far as I know, every Mac user in Second Life uses Nicecast for audio streaming and I don't know of any alternative.  I've never had any reason to look for one as the software is that good.  It's never crashed in almost six years of use and they update it regularly.  They've never tried to hit me for any additional license dollars.  What more could you want!

So tonight Daisy and I talked on Skype on setting up Nicecast and she was live on my stream before it was done.  What this means is that my hare-brained idea for streaming to the Celebration of Circe Broom will work.  I'm debating doing a song that Circe always asked me to play or whether to record something new and I'm pretty sure I'll go with something new as Circe liked that too, it's a big part of why she kept having me back.

My segment will be at 2:40 pm SL time on Wednesday and I'll play, with Daisy's assistance, for ten minutes.  You MUST contact Leira Vaughan in SL or on Facebook if you want to be part of the Celebration of Circe Broom as well.  Do it soon!

No comments: