Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Sun Shines over Katakolo

Yesterday featured quite miserable weather and I decided best to listen to Lotho if I was ever to shake off this damn cold so I didn't go scooting into town in it.  However, today breaks with a beautifully clear sky and sunshine.  It looks like the perfect day to find Mary and thump each other on a chess board.  What could be more Christmas than that!

I'll ride over to Kastro's Bar later today and it's so close that the scooter will hardly have time to warm up.  Mary and her daughter will be there and likely Harry and his family will be as well.  A young couple will be playing acoustic guitars and singing and this will go from three to six this afternoon.  After that everyone will go off to their evenings and most likely I'll try to get some recording happening.

The cold is definitely shaking off.  It was pretty miserable for a bit but they're supposed to make you miserable (laughs).  This was a big part of why I listened to Lotho yesterday.  As long as it's improving, tempting Fate is stupid.  I did ride over to Mary's place but she doesn't live so far from here so it wasn't at all like riding into Pyrgos.

So the automotive sequence may seem like I've lost focus altogether but that's not at all true.  I enjoy that stuff and thought you all might get a kick out of seeing a sampler of Greek vehicles.  I want to bring you as much of a perspective as I can on life over here.  Despite the weather misery, I feel like a kid in Disneyland and I want to share as much of it as possible.

Lotho sounded like he thought it was kind of a miserable existence for me as I don't seem to be doing much but every trip into Pyrgos is a treat.  There are small stores absolutely everywhere and for me it's like a Greek kaleidoscope.  It's just fascinating to me!  This isn't misery as, quite the contrary, it's an ongoing delight.  Going into town for major dental work three times a week has been a long, hard haul but I've wanted to paint that with as much fun as possible, for you all and for me.  I didn't make that up about Georgia giving me a hug and kissing each cheek.  Did your dentist ever do that!  (smiles)

Here's something else that's quite wonderful.  I can see mountains in the distance and they're not just snow-capped but they have plenty of cover for full-out skiing and they're only three hours away.  Think of it, from the beach to the snow in three hours!  Even California doesn't have it that good!  It's a lovely country and I want to show you as much of it as I possibly can plus hopefully lay out the music I've always wanted to play.  More to come!

Merry Christmas!

No comments: