Thursday, June 27, 2013

Silas Scarborough - Last Show Before the Road

The Internet seems to have stabilised to some extent and I will be performing at Cat's Art MusikCircus at 1:00 pm SLT / PDT.  This will be a major moment for me and I'd love to share it with you.  This will definitely be a night for playing until my fingers fall off!

On Saturday, barring any last-minute blow-up, I will leave Greece for Italy, ultimately winding up in England.  It's one thing to try a jaunt like this when you're twenty and it's quite another to try it when you're sixty.  It's a scary prospect but it's hugely exciting and I'm very much looking forward to it.  You can see the initial leg of the expedition on the Map above and this goes from Pyrgos, Greece, to Patra.  Then I'll take the ferry fifteen hours to Brindisi, Italy, and subsequently to Catania in Sicily.

It may look senseless to go South before going North to England but there are two reasons.  The biggest one is to take Cat dancing on a volcano as I'm hugely curious about Mount Etna, the most active volcano in the world.  The other reason is that any breakdown during this stage means I can try to find my way back to Brindisi and subsequently back to Greece to try to recover there.

After I head back North again and get past Brindisi, there won't be any turning back as the scooter will have about a thousand kilometers on it so presumably it has established its reliability.

I'm sure the anticipation will find its way into my music in some way and I hope to play for you tonight at the show.  I hope to also play along the road but it's impossible to guarantee that so tonight's the night!

No comments: