Monday, September 18, 2017

Playing Ithaka Like a Reality TV Show

Generally I've tried to do a relatively diverse mix of articles each day but it's feeling like it will make a better vibe if I focus on the reality aspect here rather than as typical to point it anywhere else.

Seraphin has clearly announced his presence and his interest so now there are two active lives and Seraphin will reveal his in whichever way he pleases while I continue with my own travails which turned out to be more interesting than I had thought they might going into this.


Zen Yogi:  but no butts, right?

I won't be offering any glorious selfie butt shots since I've seen that shot and it's not that interesting.  There's no telling what Seraphin may choose to do but I doubt he will have interest either.  Maybe that leads to the reality TV show name:  "No Butts, No Boobs."

Zen Yogi:  your surely must have dreamed big for that, Silas

I do my humble best, mate.


Zen Yogi:  what if no-one watches because there are no butts nor boobs?

Oh, I believe we will do just fine, Yogi.  Seraphin has already explained he may appear as any one of multiple incarnations of himself so it looks like he will do something similar to the way I've done it with my helper characters but he brings a whole new set of them.

One thing I know for sure is kind of informal formatting makes a crackerjack way to easily add dialog to an article without any stiff formatting.  That technique will show one primary character in plain text and one or more additional characters in italics.  There's a way to get more visual separation than that but it's questionable.

Zen Yogi:  now let's have a demonstration and where's Booboo?

Booboo:  I'm here, Yogi

Linda Bear:  toodles, Yogi

That could become a big hassle and hugely hokey in a big hurry.  Using different fonts for them would probably also be a large hassle for little gain.  Maybe Seraphin will come up with some entirely different way.  Must wait and see.


I was thinking earlier of how to steer the bus since Ithaka opened heavily with the reality TV aspect yesterday and I tried with a few newsrot articles but they seemed out of place relative to the reality.  Part of the situation with Seraphin is to play a little pong to give whatever type of feedback he may need so he feels like he has the editing under control.  With that in-hand, he can do whatever he likes with it with good confidence it will turn out the way he hopes.  Blogger is highly clunky in use but it's always a reliable way to get it done.


There's also a concern about writing too much such that it dominates but we're right into a for real transition now.  Seraphin can't possibly put as much time into it as I have free to me so that's all the more reason not to dominate.  There's a style for both of us in this which evolve as it goes and it's outrageously cool now that we're really starting into it.

No comments: