Saturday, September 23, 2017

The Pilgrims Have Left for Today but Will Return Tomorrow #Blotto

One of the first moments was a video call on the phone with the Fairy Princess and she was so proud to tell me she is eight years old now.  She can do all kinds of things now that she's eight and playing soccer was one of them, she told me.  It was a delight to hear from her since the last time I saw her she was a teeny tiny at maybe two years old.  She's a light which will shine everywhere she goes and we can just guess at what that may mean since she could be talking to her own grandkids in, say, 2110.  A year like that we don't typically find anywhere but Robert Heinlein novels and his view of the future.

My deepest love to her and her silent benefactor who makes all this possible, as to everyone on this side of the clan.  While his preference is to be anonymous, there's no way I could accept failing to acknowledge what he did.


Seeing Tinkerbell and Seraphin was another marvel and even more so when they represent two sides of the clan, as did Doc and Queen Bee last week.


Tinkerbell did great since there was only some weepy at the last when I told her not to worry since I'm not dying until I'm dead.  Right now I'm just sick.  Dreaming big never stopped and leaving a message of love in this way is the finest outcome.  That message will stand here in front of you for as long as Ithaka spins around on Google disks somewhere and the Heir Apparent is the volunteer to take it there.

She has that tiny trinket from our ol' Mother and that brings some continuity to something which has no intrinsic value ... but ... she wore it as a necklace sometimes, it's not been hanging around the mike part of my primary mike stand, and now it goes on to her namesake loaded with that history.  It's an intricate filigree and maybe it's silver but it was a lovely thing and was a light for me which I could see at a glance.

Most of the time she was laughing and the subjects ran all over the place.  On the surface, these pilgrimages may appear morose but the vibe is much more live than that.  There's no preoccupation with death but there's a strong preoccupation with life.  Her body has been trying to wreck her for years and it's my great privilege that she's such a tough woman as to beat the toughest life could throw and still be here today.  I'll not roll it now but I recorded a track the night it came down hard on her.  There were tears streaming down my face in playing but you know the feeling of what can I do.  I felt in some way this could possibly reach her to plead and beseech her not to leave the world just yet.

There were almost no tears today and I'm proud of both of us.


Seraphin is an animated treat so full of life and the love of it.  He confirms all the more he is the true Heir Apparent and I discovered his engagement with various things is highly-literate.  While his literary tastes are not the same, they're impressive since his focus seems to have been largely on modern classical such as Steinbeck and others of that noble ilk.

Don't be too quick in writing off any sci-fi influences since his ol' Dad kept the largest physical library of books of anyone since our own ol' Dad.

Doc said it was a good play in the passing the Galaxy Guitar to Seraphin as the natural heir but it was stealing a march on him in achieving immortality that way.  I replied back that the axe achieves immortality.  Ha ha.

Quoting it all would be a trip but there was far too much for that and the main thing to gather from it is the vibe which was a whole lot of liveness and a whole lot of funny.  It was so live I would wear out fairly quickly but there was an easy answer ... take another shot in the afternoon.


As to the #Blotto medical aspect, it was a bit of ugly in the early day but most mostly stable otherwise.  My candidness regarding drugs in this time but it's important to know any mention of morphine is for strictly medical purpose and I'm well within the prescribed dose.  As to any recreational use of such drugs, I've used many for the sheer hell of it in my life but the reason I'm still barking is I didn't screw with opiates although I did tangle with cocaine and knew from that ... run away ... run away.

The reason it's informationally significant has been the difficulty in managing it due to side effects of nausea, etc.  The current is via 30mg pills to make doses less frequent and the situation has been generally stable for the visit.

Sidenote:  CVS today announced heavy limitations on the number of pills they will provide for any type of opiate.  This should serve to reduce the potential for use by abusers and also reduce the volume of such medicines which must be kept in the store and vulnerable to theft.  It's a small step but a real one.


Much love to you all

No comments: