Saturday, September 23, 2017

Hoorah, the Pilgrims Have Arrived at the Rockhouse

This one will see the Enter key when the Pilgrims are at the door and then there will be much background rejoicing.  I've had some troubles this morning but hopefully we're past that for the duration since I really don't want any unpleasantness in their faces as the pilgrimage is hard enough for them as it is already.

It becomes so much more apparent as this continues, the goodness is in whatever one can do and the coal mine comes in considering whatever one can't do or can't do anymore.  The latter is usually the most painful and that's when some Silas counseling can help because, mates, that is something I can still do.


It can be a teary thing in considering that which was lost but my counseling is to please consider how much you have regained.  For whatever reason, I don't seem so vulnerable to this and possibly because I know I won't get anything back so the loss isn't quite the same.  That confers a bit of immunity so my counseling goes ever toward looking at what you have regained just as I revel in that which remains to me, writing in particular.

There's no need to itemize that which is gained or lost by any of us but there's enormous need to appreciate as much as possible whatever talents or skills remain to you since we are our own worst enemies for that.  Revel in whatever skills they may be and be thankful you have them.  Only you have these skills in your particular way which make them your glory and also your responsibility.  Fulfill those skills to whatever limits you possibly can and they will fulfill you.

There are still some things an ol' beatdown crank knows and that one is definite.


The trouble with ol' beatdown cranks is the perennial need to Say Heavy Things but today we will set the love to bouncing just for the joy of seeing how high it can possibly go.

Zen Yogi:  for today?

That love never stops bouncing, mate, and that's why it's so important now.  Whenever there's the opportunity to set love to bouncing, it should never be ignored since that does go on forever.

Zen Yogi:  see, you are starting to Say Heavy Things again

Sure, but I'm an old beatdown crank and I can.


The moment is soon now since my phone is laying duck eggs one after the other.

Zen Yogi:  WTF?

Well, it makes sounds like I would make if I were a duck and I were laying an egg.

Zen Yogi:  how much actual duck experience do you have, Silas?

Well, after the glorious Duckmobile, there's not much.

Zen Yogi:  uh huh


Glory!  There will be a conference call with the Fairy Princess and there's another unexpected delight.

Zen Yogi:  I thought you do not like exclamation points, Silas

I don't and every writer should determine whichever finger is inclined to push the exclamation point key such that the finger can be forewarned of the consequences of making that ill-advised move ... but sometimes ... wow!


And there's the door.  Yahoo!

No comments: