Saturday, September 30, 2017

An Idyllic Moment Before an Exceptionally Gentle Waterfall


Photographer:  Unknown


Perhaps you can feel the water since you're standing it.  Despite the relatively low light, the water is warm and it sparkles around your feet.  Over it all is the sound of falling water but there are birds singing and chirping everywhere within that great presence.  The forest is deep and life grows where it will all around.

I don't know this waterfall and have not likely ever seen it but all of us can explore it by sensing it.

Zen Yogi:  thinking is the best way to travel?

Sometimes, mate.

Ref:  The Moody Blues


Here's one for the sibs since I remember a waterfall something like this up in the Blue Mountains.  Alex must have got us to a bit of hiking and Anne wouldn't have held back.  I have no idea many of us were in the flock at that time but I'm sure we went to see waterfalls more than once and it may be a Law of Waterfalls that it's always necessary to walk back to wherever the waterfalls are so it's always in a special place separate from everywhere else.

Hopefully you remember at least one or smatterings of it.


Postings are heading toward much less pragmatism and it's all part of the same overall vibe but this is further demonstration of the good things within it.  There's one particular waterfall which I remember clearly and it looked much like this one.  I know a number of us were there but I'm sorry I don't remember which ones.  Those kinds of visuals are some of the best views I have of Oz now.  I couldn't ever find that particular place now but I know it exists.


For some photographic snobbery, I'm not so sure I would have held the shutter open for so long.  For non-photogs, keeping the shutter open overlong is a well-used trick to soften the water and give it something of a glow.  That happens because each drop of water has a greater distance to move while the shutter stays open so it blurs and produces the effect you see above.

It may be the photog had no choice for the long exposure since raising the light level artificially would distort the entire field of view and be entirely disagreeable.  So we don't have a criminal trial or want one but we do have a question of taste with no wrong answer.

No comments: