Monday, September 25, 2017

NASA Reports All Systems Nominal on the Trail of the #Blotto

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


I've not written one of these for the general status with me for a while so here's one now.


There's been a relative calm physically since there hasn't been a return of the really brutal symptoms in some days.  This has come mostly because I've been able to drink much more water and get a little food inside me.  That improved the tolerance for the morphine which gives us a large helping of irony since the medicine causes more overt problems than the cancer.  The informational aspect is you need to pay a whole lot of attention to drinking enough water and forcing yourself as you're able to eat.  That's reduced such symptoms substantially and makes the whole vibe more tolerable and manageable.

Morphine is again at the prescribed dose of 120mg daily and everything has stayed generally cool so long as I get enough water and food.  Symptoms get hideous when things get out of control and it's a great relief to be able to reduce that with something so simple as drinking water.

One surprising aspect has been dropping blood pressure medicine even after I've been taking it since I was about forty.  Nurse George said that wasn't uncommon with people in my situation and my blood pressure was ridiculously low but there really wasn't any action required except to drop the med.

Zen Yogi:  Nurse George will come when you need assistance with bathing?

That's likely so, Yogi, and the probability of nubile virgins being dispatched is minimal.  That's ok as it wouldn't be sexy but mortifying even though I'm a relatively immodest fellow.

Zen Yogi:  after running naked down the middle of Clifton Avenue and then through multiple bars, modesty doesn't well come you.

Laughing Gecko I'm sure was one of the co-conspirators but I'm not so sure who else.  I think there were four of five us who did it.  Streaking was relatively new at that time and immodesty was definitely the Order of the Moment for anyone willing to hop out of the chase car which carried yet more scofflaws.


The Stories of the Pilgimages are all over Ithaka and the joy from them for everyone has been stunning beautiful to behold.  As much as I can, I will Unite the Clan and who knows how much permanence there is to anything but the effort has been such a beautiful thing from everyone.  There was been the periodically awful with the physical aspect but the pilgrimages go far beyond that and it's been privilege to be part of them.

That's not an overstatement since my view of death has been strongly pragmatic insofar is it comes, I die, and whoop de do.  However, the dimension added via the Pilgrimages has been a major surprise with love bouncing from every direction.  There's been something of a non-religious absolution for everyone and that may be the biggest marvel of all.


Ithaka has been booming like it's on rocket power and that's splendid since it looks much like I will see it break through one million reads and that possibility has been questionable.  It's down so low now it appears likely it will happen this week.  I must do something in celebration and appreciation when it comes but I don't have a strong idea on what it should be.

It's impossible to know who you are so there isn't a way to identify the one millionth visitor.  Any type of celebration has to be more generic than that and there's not much available in wonderful premium gifts anyway.

Snidely McAardvark:  give away Zen Yogi

There's no chance I will give away my dear friend Yogi like he's a free toaster for a bank opening.  He's my bud.

Zen Yogi:  what do you think I could get by trading you, Silas?

Not much, my furry buddy.


Much love to you all, wherever you are.

No comments: