Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Whistling While We Work on the Trail to the #Blotto

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


There was a little Fairy Princess and I last saw her when she was a tiny little cherub in the Nashville Airport when I left for Greece.  I haven't seen her since and she was so proud to tell me she is eight years old now.  That goodness came from her on the Day Prince Seraphin and the Lady Tinkerbell today but I saw her again today and there was even more of it.

Sunbeams abound coming out of Tennessee and it's my promise they will be returned in every possible way I can.  Sunbeams abound from the Fairy Princess anyway and likely will anywhere she goes.  It was such a gentle comedy in hearing her right at reaching this new age and she wanted me to know she doesn't do that baby stuff anymore.


Note:  showing pictures of her to you blatantly violates Clan Law since we don't post pictures of children unless, say, the pictures were taken by a professional photographer ... and they're of someone else's kid.  We don't need the long-winded editorial about bad people doing bad things since we know there are some out there and it doesn't matter how many when it only takes one.

As in one of my favorite expressions, I think from Tennessee, is she's cuter'n a bug's ear.  However the Clan Law must remain inviolate.  Even with direct permission from her mother, I would be troubled by posting pictures of her.

Zen Yogi:  because it only takes one?

That's right, Yogi.


This kid is so charming you could put that in jelly jars and make a fortune.

Zen Yogi:  Fairy Princess Home-Made Jellies?

Wouldn't you be curious, Yogi?  I know I would.

Zen Yogi:  when she's so charming, I would probably buy all of it from her

Prob'ly so, mate.


Hearing of the arrival of Yevette's printer may not strike as having anything to do with the #Blotto or the goodness but there's plenty since no printer has worked here for more than a few weeks in the years since I got back here.  Right now there are print capabilities needed importantly for multiple reasons and some of them come directly from the #Blotto.  When happiness is the absence of things which suck, there is great happiness in this since needing a printer and not having one sucks bad.  No more of that.

The price was excellently low and it's a laser rather than an inkjet so that ensures she won't get murdered by replacing cartridges all the time.  It's a hefty expense to get the high-capacity toner cartridge but it may well be a year or more before she needs to do that again.  It's a traditional HP and I used a similar model for many years with continuous satisfaction from it.

Zen Yogi:  this is so geeky, Silas

It's really not so much since there's more to it.  Yevette would rather deal with fire ants than the mystifications of hardware installation so I'm something of a supervisor in absentia by doing it from back here in the Rockhouse.  That may seem hard on her but this is another of the ties that bind type of things.  She can get around but she doesn't have much familiarity while my familiarity is high but I don't get around much anymore.  Between the two of us, that printer will be cheerfully printing before too much longer.

Zen Yopi:  despite suckage elsewhere, there is goodness in this?

Maybe I have used that too many times, Yogi.  It's true, tho.  The payoff is huge too since she really needs this printer.  When it prints its first useful page, happiness will abound and that will be one major joy to behold.  It's geeky up-front but there's much more behind and we get through it without any of the barking which typically accompanies installation of things on computers.  It's a hassle but a joyous one and that should be sufficiently twisted for you.

After time passes from when this was written, here's the update.

The installation went swimmingly and now Yevette holds in her hand the document she needed so desperately.  The coolness of it sparkles everywhere with the great relief at release from the stress monkeys.

Note:  I know this could have been done at a public library and a different one has saved me that way in the past but there are things which affect the practicality and this solution is valid now that it has become possible for a long list of reasons.


As to the actual #Blotto suckage aspect, there's some turbulence in the background but I'm managing and even ate most of a couple of eggs today.  For me, that's a major victory and if anything I'm doing is actually fighting something, that's the thing.  Yevette has been so dutiful in preparing food which may work and that's been meeting some surprising success over the last few days which makes things easier all 'round.

Zen Yogi:  what do you mean dutiful?

Love and duty can easily be tangled and to positive effect.  Yevette has been incredible in trying to find anything which might work.  I'm not being finicky as much food is abhorrent for some reason I can't explain why.  When we find something which does work then it really is a major victory.

While I am whitewashing the suckage aspect to some extent, there's no omission of any weepy, whiny, whinging outbursts in the background.  That doesn't happy and perhaps that's specifically because the love bouncing from every direction here and from y'all as well.


Much love to you all.

No comments: