Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Going to See the Terrorists Down the Street for Cigarettes on the Trail of the #Blotto

Disclaimer: this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.  I am using in-home hospice and that's the best circumstance I could hope relative to being in a hospice clinic or, worst of all, to be admitted into a hospital.


The Terrorists in our story got that way for the usual reason.

Zen Yogi:  they're brown?

That's the reason, Yogi.  These people are from India but I don't know much more although there's a vibe with colors and life in India which makes the people of the country a fascination.  I first called them Terrorists back here at the Rockhouse and Yevette cracked-up laughing as a result of it.  The name, not to my great pride, stuck and so go the Rockhouse Days of Our Lives.

Zen Yogi:  that was a soap opera on TV, wasn't it?

Yep, at one time soap operas ran continuously all day long while Father was away at work.

Zen Yogi:  now they're in prime time

It's evolution in action, mate.



It's been mostly me going to see the Terrorists and it had to be them because they're good eggs and they always stock the type of cigarettes Yevette prefers.  The supply is not reliable elsewhere since other places don't stock them regularly.  It's been my experience if I lived anywhere close to a woman who smokes, she will always want cigarettes which are impossible to find.

Zen Yogi:  makes you wonder how the woman found them in the first place

Well, no, it really doesn't, Yogi.  It's just that the hunter/gatherer must find them and where, where, where.  Oh me, oh my.


Something of a bond built up since I would always go back to see the Terrorists because chances were best they had the cigarettes.  When they saw I would keep returning, they ensured the cigarettes would be in-stock and I wouldn't have to say anything more than 'cigarettes' for them to know which kind and where they were in the back.

All of us appreciated the loyalty back and forth so it meant a cheery visit each time I went down there.  I can't much go anymore now but they said to Yevette I'm a good fellow and that was touching.  Sweet things of that nature make the vibe.


Cigarettes play since they're at the bottom of the #Blotto and, if you take nothing else from this, I earnestly request you quit smoking.  You don't know this particular end game and you don't ever want to see it.

We don't need shock and awe since you know already but do it regardless.  Turning this into a horror show is inherently alienating and insulting since we need to lose the smokes more than we need high drama.


I'm whitewashing this to some extent since you know already there is no cakewalk.  I have gone quite a bit into the importance of holding your focus on the goodness you can find since any other option must be like when you're climbing some impossible mountain and you look down.

Zen Yogi:  I never did fancy mountain climbing, Silas

I never did either, mate.  I'm willing to climb about as far as I'm willing to fall so that means you will find me in the mountain lodge bar drinking hot toddies ... on the ground.


For the funny, we have the Davy Crockett hat-wearin' bobble head Jesus since that rascal will break up Yevette just in hearing the words.  I've already posted a picture of his magnificence and thank you again, Doc, since he's an ongoing riot.

Zen Yogi:  don't you think he's a tad disrespectful?

Nah, since anyone mixing up God and the Davy Crockett hat-wearin' bobble head Jesus has probably been sucking down way too much moonshine.


I've nominated myself as Carlton, your doorman, for this unusual tour and there are amazing trips in the gig.  It's been that way throughout and that's been such a major surprise.  The last thing I ever expected for this circumstance was there would be any surprises but these have been extraordinary and I've written previously about how they bring a large part of the wonderful in that.

Zen Yogi:  so long as you keep looking for sunbeams, the searcher will always find them

That sounded so Zen, my esteemed Zen Master.

Zen Yogi:  I saw that on the back of a car driving through Jellystone Park and I thought it sounded cool

It still works, Yogi.


Although whitewashed to some extent, I'm not covering up some unspeakable horror and the vibe is generally good.  I've said multiple times there are more laughs than I ever would have imagined.  I'm deeply thankful of the revelatory which hasn't been so much metaphysical as humanistic in appreciating what we are, frailties we carry, and various perceptions which I also did not anticipate.

Zen Yogi:  everything gets so Heavy, my friend

The song went he aint' heavy; he's my brother.  In fact, my brothers are extremely Heavy and the vibe is good.

Zen Yogi:  so being Heavy is good then?

It's the best, mate.  It's out-a-sight, you know.

Zen Yogi:  sure thing, Silas.  Let me know when you start talking English again.

Well, dagnabit, Yogi, I surely will and how's that for darn tootin'?

Zen Yogi:  oh, sure.  That was much better.


Much love to everyone.

No comments: