Tuesday, September 26, 2017

What's with this Silas the Tech Reporter Business?

If I hadn't told you about the #Blotto, it's not likely you would know since I'm beautiful in my chair.

Zen Yogi:  The Pilgrims have seen you, Silas

OK, so I'm competent in my chair.


My engagement with computers goes back to the late 70s and Apple systems were never a large part of my professional world since corporate never had a great love of Apples.  Therefore, anything I did with this type of machine was only on the home front.  The love affair with Apple started sometime in the early 80s and has persisted throughout since I'm using an iMac now and, for me, it all started with a Mac Classic.

Apple came up with one of the best adverts ever since they said, "Never trust a computer you can't carry."

There were no laptops or handheld devices at that time so the advert played to great effect.

My interest with computing devices has always gone to the guts of them and typically using machine code to do it.  The interest in High Sierra after that background isn't a big surprise so I let the installation rip.  I see the High Sierra release as newsworthy so that meant it needed a report.


We don't need a segue to the #Blotto but identifying things which are newsworthy has changed substantially.


For example, Jeff Sessions said free speech is under attack and it is insofar as his crew is most intent on Berkeley which has been a foundation of free speech in America for decades.  They bring out Milo Yiannopolis to show off America's prettiest iconoclast and he has no particular political purpose beyond prancing around on-stage in front of an audience while getting a fat check for doing it.

As what's likely the most progressive university in America, if there were anything important in that which Milo Y. is saying, Berkeley would already be saying it since, to a large extent, the Free Speech Movement was founded in the contemporary time by Mario Savio in the early 60's on the Berkeley campus.  (WIKI:  Mario Savio)

Berkeley doesn't need disingenuous rubbish from Milo Y. and neither do we.  Happily, Millennials don't seem to pay attention to it at all.  My focus now is largely on that which will be of interesting to Millennials and Milo Y. is clearly not it.  If Seraphin will not likely be interested then why bother.


In another item, Trump Tweeted that Iran launched a ballistic missile but no American monitoring source confirms that.  He just made it up.  Millennials, as epitomized by Seraphin, know already Trump has gone off the rails so this one is a strike-out too for newsworthiness.


There's nothing to belabor about fake news since it also seems Millennials consider all of it fake and they research things for themselves.

Zen Yogi:  do you aspire to inspire?

That the Golden Ideal for any Dream God but my actual hope is to interest them until Seraphin takes the helm of Ithaka.

I do believe the recent science articles have been worthy along with a few looks at substantial accomplishments by Millennials.  There's a great deal of positivity in those articles which I see as important after I heard little negativity about the State of Things from Seraphin.  His interest seems strongly attuned to how Millennials can remedy things rather than hearing endless arguments about how this or that can never work.

Zen Yogi: so the actual truth of it is Millennials have inspired you?

It surely is, mate, since much of that which I present almost echoes them but they didn't need me to lead them and they found it themselves.  This is a Golden Light in the sky for me since they're operating independently and finding great things.

No comments: