Friday, September 22, 2017

Unknown How it Goes for that Millionth Visitor to Ithaka

You almost have Ithaka down to eight thousand or less reads to put it over the top.  However, at the same time, my literary fecundity is dropping so counting on about a thousand per day is probably questionable.

Something which adds to the possibility I will see Ithaka reach the mark is the Instant Breakfast solution in morphine.  I'm well below the prescribed dose but it works immediately.  With a few toks of the ganja, I'm ready and I can think whereas otherwise it's nearly impossible.

Zen Yogi:  pain is the mind-killer?

That's the one, Yogi.

Zen Yogi:  isn't it also that fear is the mind-killer?

Same thing, mate.

Ref:  "Dune" by Frank Herbert with the Bene Gesserit sisterhood.


For my situation, addiction is irrelevant and the circumstance is in no way an endorsement for any opiates under anything exceptional medical conditions.  I know for sure with opiates that you may get away with it on the sneak for a while but ultimately you will get sick and you will fucking die.

Zen Yogi:  that will about do it for the thundering, Silas

I think so, Yogi, since, wtf, it doesn't even look like rain.

Jimi Hendrix:  no buttons to push

Well, Jimi, there are buttons to push these days ... but I hate them so I figure that still matches.

Ref:  statement by Hendrix before he played "Like a Rolling Stone" at Monterey and that's the one in which he made a holy ceremony out of burning his guitar.  He wasn't known for guitar smashing and it was much more a ceremony than simple destructiveness.

I know a significant group of people who knew Hendrix, even going back to his high school days.  There are some cool things about Facebook and that was one of them.


imDB:  Monterey Pop

"Monterey Pop" and the actual recording runs much longer to show every musician or band was there from Big Mama Cass to Dylan playing electric to Hendrix playing one of the greatest sets of his life to The Who at their guitar-smashing craziest.  Woodstock was a year later in 1969 to again reveal the Movement and conservatives have hated peace pussy hippies and freaks ever since.  It's one of my proudest things to say that I have remained a peace pussy all my life.

Note:  peace pussy was a term used routinely regarding hippies and freaks.  Another clever manifestation of their enmity was a bumper sticker which portrayed the peace sign with the text, Footprint of the American Chicken.  Then, as now, those calling the loudest for combat were hardly ever the ones they intended to send.    Latterly that changed since some of the proponents came back convinced of the need to continue the combat and many more did not but all were justifiably furious that it had ever happened.  The thing all have in common is the generals and the politicians didn't ever take them into their confidence and, it's my experience they never have.

When asked why I did not support them, my answer remains the same today that I have been trying all my life to support all of them by bringing them home.  For me, there has never been another choice.  My relief is that the Clan kids are home now and my great joy would be if all of the kids come home as soon as possible.  I never loved you any less, mates; there just was no other choice.

There's no way to imagine the hell for their parents since you can't stop a kid from joining once he or she turns eighteen.  I did see one situation in which the discussion was successful and the kid did not go but who can even say what kind of hell the other parents endured when they saw the kid would do it despite what they said.  They had to have known they wouldn't sleep a wink until he got back.  Happily, I can tell you now they did come back.

This is not so much an apology as an explanation which hopefully amounts to the same thing since through it all the love was real.  If I hadn't cared then none of it would have mattered to me.


I enjoy that it's so ludicrous to be excited over an arbitrary measure of Ithaka but I definitely am.  It's another of the things which give life meaning while that quickly fades in other ways.


This article started three or four hours ago and I looked again to see Ithaka is now under eight thousand reads to go.  I know the excitement over that fact is childish but still I embrace it with great fervor.

The number forces me to accept the fact Ithaka has had value to you and going through Ithaka you will find some dancing to and fro about greeting the responsibility of believing that but there's no reason for that dancing anymore and I thank you for your interest.

Zen Yogi:  you can squeeze another eight days out of yourself, right?

Too right and I bloody will, mate.

Zen Yogi:  what good is a promise when you're sick and you're wasted?

It's not a promise, Yogi, but a passion fueled with love and those are often unstoppable.

I sleep quite a lot now but that's ok since there's one thing we all know for sure about sleep:  it doesn't hurt.

No comments: