Tuesday, July 22, 2014

The Silas Gig That Didn't Quite Work

The show at zaphod Enoch's BluesFabrik in Metropolis on Saturday is the one in which I caved.  It was my specific intention to go into the show with some backtracks to blow it out hard and "Mayhem" is good for that as Vicki Nilsson played the thunder drums and that girl kicks.  That was the opener and part of my concern was that I did this years ago but then heard it again and thought, hmm, can you even do this anymore.  You can find out for yourself whether I did on the Ride the Dragon podcast.

I was already wobbling after the first one but you won't be able to tell it from the recording.  I followed that with "Necromancer" and that's also on the Ride the Dragon podcast.  That one finished it as there was no chance of continuing after that.

The symptoms are disgusting so we'll just skip past that as there was just no way to go on with it.  That was a hard hit as I've never had to do that in my life.  It doesn't make me feel so bad that I want to turn into a monk and worship cactus or some such but it's a disconcerting thing.


While these aren't sissy tunes, I don't think it would have made any difference if I had playing something soft as the problem wasn't playing the guitar.  All you need for that is to wiggle your fingers.  I haven't played again yet but I've got two more days to get things together to play on Thursday and I do intend to do it.

No comments: