Saturday, July 26, 2014

"Freakshow" - Silas (video)

"Freakshow" got me into trouble with more people than anything else I ever did so it's a personal favorite.  It's strongly antiwar and it was so soon after the Iraq fiasco started that I was getting death threats over it.  Oh, I guess you supported 9/11 did you.  Kee-rist.  These people don't have enough brain to run an ant farm.





The reason this comes back to my thinking is that I hear every so often of Neil Young's antiwar song list as this song was listed on it fairly early or at least when I heard of it ... but ... I didn't see it on there when someone else mentioned other things on it.  I lost interest in it as there were thousands of Johnny Come Lately antiwar songs but they aren't so much without death threats so I got bored with them.

There's a special mention on this one as this was Annalia's first and last recording.  Listen closely for her as her bit goes by quickly.  Fame is fleeting ... but not forgotten!

No comments: