Friday, July 25, 2014

What Does This Have to Do with Music

In fact it has everything as we find overwhelming belief that war and killing are the nature of mankind.  In this context, music is only an amusing aside to the savagery.  If music is, as I believe, a guide to what mankind can truly be then it has a reason and musicians have purpose beyond that of geeks to bite off the head of a chicken.  If that is not true then it would be just as valid to set up a stand for the crowd to guess the weight of the fat lady at a circus.

The problem here is I'm not getting stoned enough.

Yep, that's yer problem.  I'm taking everything so fucking seriously and some stuff needs that but nowhere near as much as people usually think.  I do think the opening paragraph is interesting, I even think it's important ... but it would still be as exciting to read as early Russian history.

The only thing that matters is what happens when I play.  I know I pushed it too hard so what happens if I don't connect to anywhere and just go with it for a bit.

In fact, no-one is asleep now so that must mean crank it.

I have notified Yevette.  She is go for raucous.  (I've been like this all my life.  I don't care what time I play!)


Update:

That didn't work out.  I did get going at first and thought, hmm, record and show 'em you did something.  There wasn't enough juice to do it.  This isn't a dark depression as I remember not so long ago when there were times playing that I was holding nothing on the guitar but the twang bar and this gives me some amusement.  (It's insane what happens when you do that but it is controllable ... sort of.)

If I give up then I never play again so I will push and I'll keep doing it.  You only think it's hard when you're a kid (laughs).  If it ain't rock hard then what the hell do you expect her to do with it.  "Mayhem" is definitely that and even has one of my better synth lead lines in it.

No comments: