Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Playing Again

Last night was massively-emotional and there's no reason to recount things I already wrote as you can see the track of it in previous articles if you like.

Like Paul Delph, Bob McCabe becomes an inspiration in my life.

There hadn't been any playing at all since things got unusual.  Yesterday I was thinking and thinking about Bob McCabe as he was the first guy I know who was killed in Vietnam.  I kept thinking of all the things he never got, even if they sucked they would have been better than what he did get.  "Rockin' in the Free World" was and is very big in this and I couldn't just listen to it.  If you can't get off your dead ass for yourself, do it for this kid who never even got a damn chance.

Yevette was very cool about it all as I had it extremely loud.  I left it that way as you need to get on top of this.  There is no starting out with ponies.  Ride the stallion or walk away.

I didn't last all that long but even fifteen minutes feels highly excellent.  The fingers ain't dead yet.


Play this song, everybody.  You say it's a Free World?  Well make it one.  Put down the guns.

Start it out in E or F, Neil Young doesn't seem to mind which.  Pick a key and go for it.  And play it very damn loud.  Rock the Free World!

Em - D - C x 4 (intro)
Em - D - C x 8 (vocal)
G - D - C - Em x 4 (chorus)
A x 4

Repeat as many as you like


I don't have much use for covers but this song feels massively good to play.

No comments: