Wednesday, July 30, 2014

For Bob McCabe

Maybe some of you knew him. I didn't know him very well but I can tell you he went to Aiken High School in Cincinnati. A lot of people liked him. I can't tell you why this comes to me so much now but I feel his spirit enormously.

I mention his name not because he was my friend - I hardly knew him - but someone should remember and not only his family because we all sent him, we are all responsible.

He was killed by small arms fire not so long after he arrived in-country.

Robert McCabe, USMC, is on the Vietnam Wall in Washington, DC



Alan Stewart Fraser There was nothing else for it and this didn't stop the waves of emotion coming behind this but I cranked Neil Young "Rockin' the Free World" way up, got the guitar and cranked that way up. ROCK that fuckin' free world and keep rockin' it until this fucking killing stops. I didn't fall over so ok. Now I can kick back to salute a lost Marine. I have tried to do my duty and I am a pussy if I do not continue to try to do it. Rock the Free World because this is exactly what you would want if you could do it yourself. All any soldier wants is to make the killing stop. There are no bad soldiers, there are just many, many bad and greedy leaders.
27 minutes ago · Like · 1



Alan Stewart Fraser GOP says they respect them but it's bullshit because they keep fucking sending them. And they keep ignoring them when they come back. It's a lie. Every fucking word. Every one of them.
26 minutes ago · Like · 1



Alan Stewart Fraser You understand why I smoke ganja yet?  I believe I shall do that now.



Alan Stewart Fraser A friend of mine said 'brother' to me earlier and may not know how much that means to me. Very few really get what happened back there. Obviously or it wouldn't keep happening.
23 minutes ago · Like · 1




I see it as my duty to pick the guitar back up as it's important to live every possible moment as every one of them would have been such a treasure to him.  It's my duty to say what I believe he would have said if only he could.  It's my duty to do every damn thing I possibly can to make sure that no-one else gets sent away like he was.

He was just a kid and it's so easy to bullshit kids.


Criticize me as you will ... but don't look for respect while the killing continues.

No comments: