Saturday, July 26, 2014

Do You Sing With a Band

There was a bit of luck and Yevette and I got to go out for a Kincaid's cheeseburger, the finest cheeseburger anywhere in the world.  This is Cowtown, where else would you go.

A young lady was sweeping around the place and, when she came by where we were sitting, said, "I hope it's a great Saturday for you.  It is Saturday, isn't it??"

I said, "It's a fine Saturday and all the better with you in it."

She smiled and I followed, "There isn't much that's good about being old but being able to say nice things to pretty girls is really good because they know you aren't trying to hit on them."

Big smile.


We finished our sandwiches and the girl kept sweeping but she was singing while she worked.  I couldn't make out the song but she was obviously caught up in the song much more than whatever she was sweeping.

As we walked out I asked her, "Do you sing with a band?"

She just laughed.

I said, "Don't laugh.  Try it.  You may very well surprise yourself."


I have no idea what will come.  If a seed was planted then I did ok.

No comments: