Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'm Not Overlooking Guitar Depression Twisting Things

After taking some solid shots at getting going with the guitar this last week or so and failing at things I know I can do, this is some disheartening stuff.

It has to be absolutely clear that I can't do it and depression must not be permitted to cloud that view.

Right now it's too damn heavy and it wears me out quickly.  I'm going after the hardest, most hammering tune I've got as I figure what difference does it make if I play "Greensleeves" or some such (an electric version might almost be cool ... another time).

If you're thinking I am just setting myself up for a fall by doing the hardest thing possible then we are in sync as maybe that is what happens and I really do have to back off for a while.

I can't play sitting down, I never could.  Nothing balances right, nothing's where it's supposed to be, etc, etc.  It's unnatural, I tell you.

It may seem strange but I'm not suicidal.  My preference would be to skip all of this crap.  However, it lands on us and so it goes.

No comments: