Thursday, September 14, 2017

Sometimes it Sucks a Little on the Trail of the #Blotto

Disclaimer:  this is straight-up writing of active lung cancer in me but nothing in the #Blotto set of articles has been written with thoughts of trying to shock or disturb.


If you review the toilette ablutions in the late night after drinking, oh, a gallon of vodka without dying from the alcohol, that will generally cover the joy joy moment of the morning.  There's no alcohol buzz from the vodka since the only part is when the commandment comes:  get thee to the throne and take care of business.

The vibe is reminiscent of a song I wrote years ago and which was received fairly well, "Too Much or Not Enough."  The general vibe is life is better when we don't confound it with regarding things in terms of too much or not enough, particularly in love.  Today, however, exemplified the idea since there was (cough) too much coming out of one end and and not enough coming out of the other.

Zen Yogi:  oh, sure, Silas ... that was delicate

Best I can do with a noxious subject, mate.  There's no way this tour can be all bluebirds and sunbeams so this tells you some of it is going to suck but it's only whinging to describe how much they suck.  So today sucked.


For some #Blotto material which really does find rainbows take a look at the article from yesterday.  (Ithaka:  Queen Bee Came to #Blotto and Fluffbear May Accompany Her Next Week)

The most important thing is to keep focus on the rainbows when the sucky suck parts come.  I know those rainbows are real when it was only yesterday that I saw them.  It's the same principle as trying to Jedi yourself to a beach while your dentist does whatever nefarious tasks the lads are required to perform.


Maybe it's a superficial joy but I dig it seeing you have taken Ithaka to less than fourteen thousand reads to hit a million.  When I see so many reads, it's a kickback to me since it tells me you found something worthwhile or a lot of people had some wild need to waste a lot of time.

Zen Yogi:  maybe you will accept the fact it did something useful?

I'm there, mate, since I see it clearly as my legacy and that doesn't mean me but rather the premise of Ithaka being one of Big Dreams and trying to make them happen.  Seraphin understands that philosophy and that's the Ithaka he will carry forward since he's not interested so much in covering (insert politician of your choice) in pink custard to then throw him or her into the Monkey House.


Seraphin brings a great joy since I don't know either which direction he will go with Ithaka and I'm curious as hell about it.

Zen Yogi:  curious as hell?  WTF does that mean?

Yep, that one was dumb since how can I know of Hell's dumbness and I don't believe in the place anyway.

Zen Yogi:  aren't you just cherry-picking from the content in the Bible?

No since the Bible is something in your frame of reference and varying degrees of faith are required to accept the various parts of it.  My interest is in that which can be deduced or nearly so from observation and logic.  It's not at all my purpose to critique the Bible and I would need to be snow blind to ignore it altogether.

Zen Yogi:  but you believe the most insane part that God created the Universe

I believe some kind of Deity did that but the thinking is based on logic since the Universe happened and we have no idea of any force which could do it notwithstanding all the grandstanding from Stephen Hawking regarding the thinking the Universe created itself.  Therefore, it makes sense to me that some kind of immensely-powerful being did that.

Zen Yogi:  you also promote the idea of Heaven

Sure and I do it shamelessly too although saying I promote it is a tad strong.  Almost all of the religions have a belief of that nature so I'm open to the possibility they have that one right.  I do have a question about what one does for a million billion years but that's relatively trivial, in my view.

Zen Yogi:  so how do you take this back to the top?

There's one more bit to go, mate.


Contrasting the suckness is the joy joy feeling which is eminently real since cognitive processing has not been lost as happens to some either through physical brain trauma or senility.  That has been a cold, brooding terror in life ... but it didn't happen.  My peepers are a little unreliable ... but there is no blindness.  As with generally losing our minds, the idea of blindness brings that same haunting terror ... but it didn't come to me either.

There's no use in preparing the comprehensive list of Things Which Suck Worse but you likely know from your own lives there are many for anyone.  As above, the most important aspect is to hold focus on Things Which Don't Suck since I find that generally equalizes the suckness parts into a kind of oblivion.  Sure they come ... but I can hack it.

Zen Yogi:  Whoopee ti yi yo, get along little dogies  (Ref:  The Weavers)

I'm on it, mate.


Much love to you all

No comments: