Monday, September 18, 2017

It's Cool with the New Material, Seraphin, as the Introduction Goes Splendidly

Seraphin has shown us his Boudiccan Queen: Poison Ivy outfit and I do see how it must have been a bitch to make but the result is outstanding.  Telia from the earliest days in Second Life had an outfit loosely like yours and it looked cool but it was also made up of pixels rather than hard-worked leather.


I'm getting a smooth introduction to Seraphin's focus or foci as well as to his style.

I'm also greatly pleased I see no evidence I have overwhelmed anything with the One Hundred and Thirty Nine Laws of the Ithakan Council.

Zen Yogi:  lotta laws, Silas

Yah but they're easy ones.  They sure don't seem to have bothered Seraphin.


It looks like it's the same evolution as the Fraser brothers since F1 wanted speed on the track and resented anyone getting in the way or cluttering the driving line in any way.  F2 wanted speed but also wanted competition so there was lots of crashing and banging.  F3 watched and it seemed the process was to use some of F1's way plus some of F2's way and add some F3 way of his own.

I'm not going to answer who was the best driver but it seems Seraphin follows a similar approach so he will use it this way or that based on whatever he thinks best does the job.


It wouldn't ordinarily be my practice to critique Seraphin's articles but I do at this time since it can give him some feedback on the way his work is perceived as he gets started.  It's surprisingly hard to get that on a blog since there isn't any type of likey likey feedback as with YouTube, Facebook, etc.  More often than not you will be flying generally blind on that except for how many reads took place for the day.

There isn't any need to bird dog Seraphin with comments such as he should have changed this or should have done that.  He should have done it any damn way he felt like doing it since that's the perfect score for me.  When I see I didn't influence his style but have helped him make it happen, that's the big celebration.

Zen Yogi:  pretending to be a teacher like Mr Chips is hokey since you have the perfect situation when you don't have to deal with it if the family dog pees on some kid's homework.

It's virtual, Yogi, and pretending works just fine.  I like the association with such a teacher since teaching was always a secondary ambition throughout the exercise and the blog is the best of any other way I have seen to do it.  The blog is free, it reaches an unimaginably large number of people, and Blogger stays stable over long periods.  That's excellent for a reliable base for this and now I get to see the mirror view of when I was finding a style with Ithaka.  That transitional, transporting vibe from doing this and seeing it happening with Seraphin is a sensational.


Tip on the pics:  you might want to experiment with expanding them by using the control bar which pops up any time you click an image.  Ordinarily it's a bad idea expanding images but you may be surprised at how much you can expand an image in Blogger before it starts to look pixellated.

I'm not sure if I mentioned earlier but it's not usually useful loading images which are larger than about 1000x1000 since Blogger will scale them down automatically if they're deemed too large.


It's all extremely cool, Seraphin, and please do keep doing it whatever way you like doing it.  Conforming to any mandate from me about Ithaka to conform to me were I to make one and that' not how Ithaka ever does things.  It's a fascination to see how it goes.

Note:  sure I'm determined to be your biggest fan but not as a payback since it's grand to watch the process regardless of anything else.

No comments: