Friday, December 9, 2016

Some Gave All - All Gave Some

Those words are on a small monument outside the Fort Worth VA clinic.  I don't like to make it public when I'm going out there since putting anything like that on the Internet is just begging to get robbed.  It would be one seriously stupid burglar who tried to rob this place but if they had any wit then they wouldn't be thieves.

Note:  I'm not overlooking Jean Valjean whose life was destroyed for stealing a loaf of bread.  How much burglary is motivated by greed and how much by desperation may be impossible to determine.


This is not a prelude to a horror story as the trip was for a CT scan and that's not a big deal since I've had loads of CTs, MRIs, blah de blah going back to 1991.

Tip:  crashing motorcycles hurts worse than you know.

Ed:  did that stop you?

Nope (larfs).


Maybe some of you know this one in which they inject the contrast material and your body heats up to a million degrees or so.  If you don't know it's coming then holy shit!  Am I going to melt?

Note:  they always warn you.

It doesn't hurt but it's got all the strange you may need.  I did thank the tech for good shooting as one stick with the IV to plant it shows he really knows his moves.

I was glad of the heat treatment since I had been told to fast and I've hardly been eating anything so fasting wasn't a big hit.  I had been told I needed to drink their magic material and would then need to wait two hours before the scan.  I was kind of gritting my teeth for that but then he told me, noooo, let's get this stuff going and you will be out of here in no time.


There's some interesting science queued but you have already blown the lid off this day with the third-most hits since I started the blog.  As usual, I do not know why.  Russia has been hitting it quite a bit more than America and that's remarkable.  Maybe they get off on reading something which isn't capriciously slamming them.

It's not my purpose to delay the articles to use them for tomorrow but the Silas is gassed and it's time for some horizontal.


Something cute from the other day is Yevette's friend mentioned Silas to her and we have never spoken much at all.  At first I think he felt threatened because, wtf, some guy lives with you??  After some time he saw I'm not a threat but the Voice of Reason, much as it may amuse you to hear that.

Sometimes Yevette may get a wee bit concerned about something and we will talk.  I'll hear such and so then respond with something benign like, well, maybe the thinking was this.  Men are easy to confuse (larfs).

Ed:  please expand on saying benign things.  Ha ha!

It's always easier counseling someone else than listening to it yourself, isn't it.

Ed:  see, now you get all heavy again.

Let's try this one.  In the absence of ganja, the perspective switches from the existential to the asomatous.

Ed:  oh, God.  I'm so impressed!

Of course (larfs).

No comments: