Friday, December 23, 2016

Yah, So Cadillac Man Called

The last time Lotho saw Cadillac Man was when we were conducting nostalgic UFO launches in Tennessee as that tradition proudly and flammably continued.  It's not clear whether any of those launches ever elicited telephone calls to TV stations about UFO sightings but that wasn't for lack of trying on our parts and some of those launches achieved substantial altitude with travel for miles.

Who can forget the launch which (I think) made it all the way from Clifton to College Hill and that was about eight miles.  We chased it up (I guess) Winton Road until it finally burned.  (sigh)

Ed:  you could get away with much more illegal stuff than kids today!

Well, the answer is to go back and be a kid back then, isn't it.  I would have sucked at being a Today Kid since I have zero interest in playing soccer and I can cheerfully report my ol' Mother never inflicted a sporting event on me, with or without a minivan.


It's good talking with Cadillac Man since the stultifying nature of Twitter yap disappears.  What do you know, this cat knows the material.  Contrarily, some yokel sent me an invitation to join the KKK the other day.  Whether that's different from hoping I die in a fire isn't clear.

Note:  that's not personally injurious as it only elicits the wonder, 'how did you manage to get so aggressively stupid?'

Online is a lot like the Army in draft times insofar as it reveals just how stupid people can be.  You're all elitist in thinking you're better than people who don't read well and don't understand things easily but you really don't know how many people you dismiss that way until you see them for yourself.

The li'l snowflakes love to hoot at Wal-Mart but the ones they mock don't ask for help from anyone except maybe a small crew around them or they wouldn't appear to others as apparent disaster areas.  Conversely, the Twitternauts scream for assistance if they get a paper cut.  Pfft.


There were hearty wishes for a wonderful Christmas and he might have been a bit reluctant since how can Christmas be all that good here.  In fact, it's been a delight since there's no wistfulness in seeing Yevette completely tickled by the computer and that's a buzz every time I walk past when she uses her computer quite a bit.

I really don't need to find a bicycle under a tree on Christmas as there's been another gift in general amelioration of various physical annoyances and Cadillac Man reports similar relief.  Call that Christmas or call it whatever you like but that happened.


There was one item I neglected to mention as the Buspirone has been fired and I haven't used it for three or four days after it glided on out of the game in a controlled descent.  There was an odd vertigo which would come frequently and Buspirone seems to have been responsible for it.  I'm not old enough to be taking dives like that so wtf??

Note:  my reaction to the drug may not be characteristic since I typically react strongly to any kind of psychoactive medication, legal or otherwise.  In any case, it sucked and it's fired.


There's also been little evidence of blood in anything I'm coughing out of me.  I'm looking for empirical data but the results aren't at all what I expect.  There's lots of coughing but little apparent reaction.  The cause / effect is mystifying but the effect is much in abeyance just now.

Any good vibe from my end isn't from trying to paint or spin anything or that would just make one more illusion among the many.  Things are surprisingly good and I do hope Christmas is wonderful all over.  There's lazy languor down here since there's no particular reason to do anything and it even got warmer.

There won't be any last-minute rush before Christmas with, oh my, all these things I still need to do.  I ain't doin' nothin' I didn't already do.

Ed:  except the video?

It could happen.  It's even warmed up enough for bathing and it sure wasn't during recent days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought Texas,had indoor plumbing

Unknown said...

It doesn't matter without indoor heating. Ha!

Yevette bitches about it too. Keeping the place warm is probably impossible without, say, twenty grand in double-pane windows to start.

Anonymous said...

$2 plastic sheets will help the window leaks

Unknown said...

I had forgotten about doing that. It's ugly but it helps. Curtains don't seem to make much difference.