Sunday, December 18, 2016

Back When It Was Possible to Tell Cars Apart

All cars look generally the same now but there was a time when they were outrageous and I came in on the, erm, tail end of it so I missed some of the most ostentatious and egregiously tasteless vehicles to ever grace the roads.

But they were magnificent in their ghastly way:


When you show up in this beast, the crowd will know, The King has Arrived.

Ed:  King of what?

No possible way to guess.  Let's go with Harry of Harry's Carpet Barn in Cincinnati and other major metropolises.

Ed:  the King of Carpet?

Could be.


Think of the romance of this vehicle plus the exceptional number of bodies you can probably fit into the trunk.


This would be a car for Dr Hunter Thompson since the trunk would have the space to hold enough drugs even for him.  He needed a tank of ether to make any party complete.

Ed:  do you think that was all bullshit?

Well, nobody ever exploded in a ball of flames.  He was the King of Gonzo no matter what he did.


I could see myself tooling down the street in that outrage, wearing my newly-arrived six-foot purple feather boa.  People would see that and quickly realize, noooo, this one probably does not sell carpet.


So long as you disbelieve, I'll need to provide validation.


I would tip my purple felt fedora, Mystery Lady, but it didn't get here yet.  You can see, once again, fashion is my life.

I don't know if the vision will be achieved but it will be one Unusual Spectacle if it does.  I can't use available light, tho; it's so boring.  That makes it look like my purpose is photography rather than chaos.  The lights mustn't flash or Tinkerbell can't watch it but colors should not be a problem.

Ed:  chords of cognitive dissonance?

Quite so.  This will make no sense whatsoever.

Ed:  Tinkerbell is kind of pissed just now!

Yah, she thinks I'm Cthulhu and I've come to eat America.  She's going just like Anne and when she got a political thought, all of which she studied, there was no chance she would let it go.

Note:  don't read any slight to her thinking since her short-term memory can get wonky sometimes but her think power is just fine.  Hat tip to her for blowing through all the stuff which was thrown at her.  That sounds patronizing but I don't mean it that way.  She's bad-ass.

Ed:  so she may stay pissed for a while

Yep.


No need to review Election Rage since the country seems gutted with it and that meant go for "Sleepless in Seattle."  It's so ridiculously heavy-handed but it's still charming.

Ed:  simple escape?

Absolutely.

No comments: