Sunday, December 25, 2016

Queen Elizabeth's Christmas Message 2016

The Queen's Christmas message has been special to me since I was a kid and I'm pleased to say, after hearing her just now, that feeling hasn't changed.  Speech writers are not invited to assist in preparation of her message and that's a large part of what makes it so special.




Some have mocked her outfit as looking like a Star Trek uniform but that had to have come from people have not seen the uniform much.  Her brooch is on the wrong side and it doesn't even resemble the Star Trek emblem.

It's no lament for me if people get so little from it as I'll cheerfully appreciate it without them and she had to record this one some days ago because she was falling ill.  Hopefully she will recover from that soon.

The Christmas message is one of the best things Britain does and she has been doing that herself for sixty years with only one year skipped but it was not due to health.

No comments: