Monday, December 26, 2016

The Wonder as U.S. Letter Carriers Got the Card to the Fairy Princess

People love to hammer the U.S. Postal Service for I'm not really sure what reason but they were working on Christmas Eve and Yevette got some stuff that way as did the Fairy Princess.  I'm pleased and amazed to report the ridiculously-oversized Christmas card I sent her did arrive in time.

Although I have enjoyed painting myself as a useless, evil bastard, I'm not and, amazingly, there's enough conscience to feel bad about how the letter carrier had to deal with the card.  Lotho doesn't live in the city and I only say he's in Nashville so it doesn't give away where he really is.

In his actual location, Lotho's mailbox is, oh, a mile or so from his house.  Normally, the letter carrier tootles about in a little Jeep or some such and delivers things to the mailboxes along the road but doesn't have to get out of the vehicle.

Ed:  except when some joker mails a card which won't fit?

Roger that.

We have already resolved that my heathen soul will burn so there's one more reason but the Lotho Report is the Fairy Princess was diggin' it.  Sorry to the U.S. Postal Service ... but it had to be done.


There is not as yet a picture but the Lotho Report also said the Penguin Excursion to the Newport Aquarium to see the Sea Dragons went splendidly.  Lotho said I will see a picture of it and hopefully it will also have approval for posting out here so you can see it as well.  That trip had to have been sensational.

Meanwhile, visualize three adults in full-size Penguin outfits and I'm not sure if Grandpa Penguin was one of them but the Fairy Princess was in the middle of that.  Lotho resembles his ol' Dad more than he may realize since he wouldn't have suited up either.  I've kind of fancied I have come to resemble ol' Dad the most but the lesson I took from him was definitely allow yourself the freedom to make a fool of yourself.

Ed:  and you do that regularly!

But it's a gas doing it!  The people who judge you as a fool are hardly ever interesting in any particular way but the fools are always a riot and are much more fun.

Ed:  you will be the one in the clown car?

Count on it.

Ed:  if you ever participate in a Penguin Excursion then you will need a Penguin Suit?

Roger that.

Ed:  here's a tip on that.  Practice your sewing.

I haven't seen a sewing machine since my ol' Mother used one while were on the wagon train crossing America to get to California for the Gold Rush.

Ed:  then I have some bad news on a Penguin Suit.


My sister was talking about 'interfacing' with fabric in sewing years before I was talking about such things in computers.  Now I have Army sewing skills which means I can sew buttons back on fatigues but that's about my limit.

Ed:  it sounds like you're screwed.

There's a way.  I just didn't think of it yet.


Ed:  this is about the wedding, isn't it?

Always perceptive, dear Watson.

Ed:  still 'dear?'

It's still Christmas, old man.

Ed:  you wouldn't really do this with a penguin suit?

Nah, I wouldn't but think of the pictures when everyone else will be in penguin suits anyway.  Think of the photobombs with the wedding party.

I do realize propriety is important, however.  I haven't forgotten this is the same man who dyed his skin green from head to toe and advised the best way to deal with opponents is to stab them.  All the green people around him heartily agreed but possibly that was because they did not want to get stabbed.

So, yes, I do see the clear need for decorum.

Ed:  you're going to do it, aren't you?

I didn't say that.


Note:  I do have video of Splat the Green Man and I will save it because the babies he and his new wife will make will love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

200' is not a mile or so

Unknown said...

Details get fuzzy (larfs)