Saturday, December 31, 2016

Working on Bringing Some New Years Vibratory Goodness from the Rockhouse

The Silas is not suited up for this as yet but there was a track recorded just now as a test to validate the audio recording aspect since that's separate from the cameras and their recording.  The cameras and the audio later get merged and synced in Final Cut.  The cameras bring their own audio but I ditch that after the tracks are synced so only the audio from the mixer ends up live.

That track recorded well and I tweaked the levels on the mixer just a tad so it's ready for another go.

I tried a green light but the purple hat just turned black.  Now it's making blue and red and that result is much better.  That amplifies the purple whereas my thinking was it would wash the color out.


A bit of camera twiddling is needed for the next bit so I can get things framed as much as possible.  I'm wearing pajama pants with this tux or I will be when I suit up but the camera doesn't need to know that.


(time passes)

I got a second light down from the truss and, remarkably enough, without any additional orthopedic damage to my corpus.  That gives a lot of strong purple in the combination of blue and red so there's plenty of light this time.

There's no plan to suit up until the last millisecond since I don't want to be pushing buttons at that point.


(time passes)

It looks like time to go for it.  Time to suit up and record something.

No comments: