Saturday, December 24, 2016

Frosty the Dog Remade the Desk

The Before:



The After:



This is most pleasing to see since it's an actual huge hassle to get to that side of the desk but now organization returns and it's even possible to see the surface of the desk again.

Here's a pic of the path behind the keyboard to the other side of the desk:


It really is close to impossible.


Repeating on the pill bottles, most of them are prescription vitamins and minerals which were indicated by routine blood tests.  There's no unrevealed medical crisis.


The laptop was not hidden under all the papers but it was languishing elsewhere since Yevette no longer needed to use it but the clean-up was needed to bring it back here and it's still not doing much but it could.

The ten-port USB hub won't get here until next week and it's related to the clean-up since that will have a similar effect with a different problem.  That will mean I will rarely have to switch plugs on anything.

All this likely looks trivial but everything on the desk has to be within a couple of inches of where it's supposed to be or it creates confusion and I have to search for it.  The change makes for minute-by-minute coolness since I use these things constantly.

Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness” - Zhuangzi, said to be an ancient Chinese philosopher but I just copied the quote.

I'm not striving for happiness and I'm not even sure what would be required if that were my purpose but a useable desk is most pleasing.  My own Deep Thought is 'happiness is the absence of things which suck' and this eliminated multiple of them.

It may seem ludicrous but I'm really tickled by it.  This is not some po' man's pleasure as I've always been bugged if my kit isn't set up the best it can be.  All of it was set in motion by the new disk drive even though it doesn't do anything except serve as a backup.


That's enough time being tickled so it's time for the real spirit of Christmas.

Ed:  what might that be?

Smokin' the ganja and watching Christmas movies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!! ML

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas to you!!

I slept most of the night and that was a swell Christmas present all by itself!