Sunday, December 18, 2016

About Those Christmas Cards

I did find some yesterday but that's not such a huge accomplishment when I don't need that many.  Besides, I only have the addresses for a few people so I couldn't send more anyway.

There's a possibility I outsmarted myself since I figured the way to surprise a Fairy Princess at Christmas is to send a card which is bigger than she.  Even as I bought it, I knew the postage on this will probably hurt because the Post Office will be seriously unamused by the size of it.  I even asked the checkout girl if she had any idea what it might cost but she didn't know either.

I thanked her and told her this one may end up as a wall hanging.


The Jimi Hendrix seasonal stamps are here and the cards are as well, even if it's also true they remain in the trunk of the car.  They will remain there in case the sun ever returns since it's below twenty out there now and I ain't goin' outside.

Ed:  what season is Hendrix?

Do you really have to ask??  (larfs)

Ed:  if Hendrix is wearing a Santa hat then you will probably and justifiably be murdered!

It's not that season.

Ed:  Season of the Witch?

Nope, it's not that one either.


The cards will go out tomorrow or Monday although there may be a scream when I hear about the big one.

Ed:  you're going to write in tiny little letters inside that huge card, aren't you?

It would upset the Balance of the Universe if I did not.


Have a wonderful Christmas, little Fairy Princess.  May you and everyone around you feel great joy this day.
And chocolate would be good too, wouldn't it.  Remember grandparents never say no on Christmas

It's like visiting the Godfather on his daughter's wedding day except your grandparents won't kill people ... or, at least, most of them won't.


Ed:  maybe lose that last bit?

Yah, I was thinking that too.


Update:

I had to do it and I went out to get the cards.  As Carol Kirkwood said so perfectly and eloquently in a similar situation, "Fucking fuck and bugger this!  It is so shitting cold out there.  It is so bastard cold that ..."

The one, the only, Carol Kirkwood.


Yevette asked why would you do this and I told her, it's a surprise, man.  That explained it all so off I went.

All the cards, well, all three of them got the reaction I hoped they will bring out there.

No comments: