Sunday, December 25, 2016

Me Bloody Fingers Hurrrrt

They aren't bloody but they're screaming like schoolgirls after a second time up with the Galaxy Guitar.

It feels good and, in the words of my ol' Dad to a doctor who was fixing me up in an E.R. after one of my crashes, "Make it hurrrrt."

There's comedy in that but for another time.  It feels good that the fingers hurt now because it means they worked hard enough and weren't skipping any string bending.  This time it was "The Sanctuary Song" and that showed everything is working on the other 'side' of things (relative to tracks from the laptop).  This one is driven by the looper and ancillary instruments.

The beauty part for me is I don't have to do anything to switch from the laptop backing to the looper, etc.  That's why the huge emphasis on plugs and why things have to be positioned just right, etc.

Ed:  or a raging case of OCD?

That too.


Ed:  is this really about skipping a bath?

Yah, that's a part and it is kind of heathen not to wash up for Christmas but, wtf, I think we're clear I'm a heathen already.  The general premise is playing is much better than taking a bath so play.  I'll never get an argument from myself on asking if one or the other.

A bath plays into this because recording anything now has to be with the full kit.  I need the second-hand tux, the purple hat, the boa, all that nutso crapola to make it visual and beyond any sense of reason.  I've got to see what that really looks like after coming up with the hare-brained idea.

Ed:  you want to make Mystery Lady proud?

Of course.  She's the reigning Queen of Nutso and she does it so well.

Note:  in case there's any doubt, that's a high Rockhouse compliment.


There's a gem thing which goes on the neck of the tux shirt and how about that for swanky, huh.  With the existing facilities, I don't think it's possible to make a video much more twisted than that.  I do my humble best.

Ed:  after you take a bath?

Right.


This conflicts with the Christmas Skyline Chili Feast, however.  No-one dresses up in their best and then eats chili and I seriously don't need chili on this cool shirt.  The chili feast has to happen after the huge find of Skyline chili in Fort Worth.

That might torpedo recording since usually what follows a chili feast is the desire to sit around burping for a while.  It's good burping; it's not much for producing any music but it is good.

Ed:  a four-way with onions?

Definitely.

No comments: