Friday, December 30, 2016

Everything in its Place, Including the Trackpad


The Trackpad slides nicely in-between the devices from where I can pull it out to kick back and play with the screen from a distance.  This and the iPad are now back in play whereas previously it had been too much of a hassle to get at them.

Ed:  maybe some of this efficiency drive could go toward cleaning that stuff just a tad!

It's still not time yet as, you can see above one of the disk drives, I haven't caught all the lizards yet.


Liquids, except for Pepsi on one corner of the desk only, are banned since there's nothing back here which responds well to them.

Ed:  including you?

Especially me!

I use a compressed air blower to get ashes off the place since most of it is still in accessible any other way.  The problem is ensuring nothing gets near intakes for devices but everything is relatively tight now.  I'm not sure why ashes get all over in the first place since I'm not that sloppy but it happens anyway.

Ed:  quit smoking!

Got it.



That's the ten-porter USB hub for some LED mysticism.

These lights and the ones from the disk drives are instant security checks since they show all devices are present and doing what they're supposed to do.

The only improvement I need for the Anker 10-port USB 3.0 hub is if ports which are connected but not to intelligent devices should still light but in a different color to show they're allocated.  There are three ports used that way on this one so that would be useful.

The performance of the Anker device is satisfactory since one port connects to the mixer which goes USB 2.0 but it's high demand.  Another port connects to the backup disk drive and that's USB 3.0 and also high demand.  The primary USB 3.0 disk connects directly to the iMac.

There's been no I/O performance problem so the five star rating stands here at the Rockhouse.  I haven't added a review on Amazon but I will.

No comments: