Saturday, December 31, 2016

Happy Rockhouse New Year - Silas Scarborough Rides the Dragon (video)

If there was any doubt about the purple feathers, the video will settle it.

Happy New Year to you wherever you are.  I figure a fine way to greet the New Year is riding a dragon so here goes.



The reverb is too heavy and all kinds of things are wrong with it but recording feels extremely damn good and it felt especially damn good simply to play at all.  Strength goes up and down for who knows what reason but right now it's up and I'm rolling with it.

Thanks to all have contributed to getting things this way and that goes to every piece from pulling the desk together to pulling myself together to make it happen.  Everything that helped make any of that happen also helped make this happen.  The best way to thank you is to shut up and play so I did and it feels just swell.

Mystery Lady, I hope the outfit lives up to the standard!  (larfs)


The video did catch some twinkling from the Galaxy Guitar and there wasn't a lot but it was still cool to see it.


The second-hand tux and the shirt fit surprisingly well but it would have been better to have another half inch on the neck of the shirt.  I gave up on trying to button it and thanks to Yevette for fighting it into position plus putting my jewel into that position as well.  You can see that precious gem a little bit in the video.


The object wasn't to model the Aging Androgyne with the outfit but rather the Aging Geek Wearing an Outfit Which Doesn't Mean Anything Anymore ... plus I think it looks kind of cool so who cares if it means anything.

I don't know what I could ever do with the purple feather boa after this but I'm kind of partial to the hat.  The RayBans look cool but I couldn't see the keys on the keyboard too much and there were troubles with the Galaxy Guitar that way as well but I could turn to get more light on her.

The lights really sucked since they were infernally bright and they blasted right into my face.  The RayBans were for the affectation but they actually served a purpose as well.  I can drop each light to half intensity so it might be worth a try like that although suiting up each time ain't goin' happen.


The second-hand tux needs another go since you can't really see it too much.  That would be better with available light and playing something more 'tuxish' or some such.


Everybody needs a little dragon riding at least once in a while.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love the outfit!! So glad to see ya playing again too!! ML

Unknown said...

Thank you and I know you can tell from the smile at the end that this was definitely fun for a Happy Purple Guy.

It's been bugging me no end that I haven't delivered it and the Universe would surely end if I didn't deliver it before the New Year. Whew. That was close!

Cadillac Man said...

Dear Happy Purple Guy - Good to see you rockin' the Rockhouse. Happy New Year to you as well. UH! UH!

Anonymous said...

Yes, and I was able to download the video to this computer so I can watch even if you take it off YouTube! Wishing you and Yvette happiness in the New Year! Grab it up where ever and when ever you possible can!!

Unknown said...

Happy Cadillac Man, thank you! Uh, Uh, Uh!

It's cool that you could get a copy of it and you saw the size since that one was about half a gigabyte. I like to send up the highest video quality I can so I'm glad you got that instead of some rubbishy smaller one you can hardly see. It was huge fun doing it although I've never cured that goldfish way when I'm play. I really don't like chewing gum but that stops it if I remember to find some.

If it's not fun, you're not doing it right. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Sorry did not identify myself-ML-downloaded the copy-it would not be YOU playing if not for the goldfish thing!! Oh yea, the lighting was very cool with the colors playing against the hat and boa

Unknown said...

I cringe when I see the goldfish but it's still kind of funny to me. Where is that damn gum!

Thanks on the colors and I did like the hat but what do I do with a purple fedora? (larfs)

A: anything you want. Ha!