Sunday, December 18, 2016

One for Mystery Lady from El Paso in 1971

After bumbling about in various photo files, all of which have been in relative disarray since the advent of iPhoto, I happened into one of the oldest.  This was while I was stationed at Fort Bliss during my Army time of exemplary incompetence.  I (sob) never topped my ol' Dad who led a convoy of trucks off the road.  That must have been glorious.


This is another which has lost its original pristine goodness but I'm sure you catch the vibe of it since that Moon is really pale but Luna is still there.  My inclination is to dismiss it for being self-indulgent because of too heavy with introspection but it's still pretty to see and it still elicits a good vibe.

This is outside of town in the sand somewhere and no-one around anywhere.

Note 1:  if you drop the bike in the sand, always ensure the muffler is on the other side since it's not so good when it lands on your leg and does not yield the optimum result.

Note 2:  if you ride on sand, you're always going to drop the bike at some point.


There's one more after this and that will be to blow you away with color.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I remember this one from a scrap book/album. I think there's one with a study of roachclips in that same album :)

Unknown said...

I do miss those albums although the roach clips are long gone. They had all the way back stuff.

Anonymous said...

And the pic of Tinkerbell in the tree was one of my favs. Many very artistic pics in those albums. I can see/ remember them as if I were looking at them now.

Unknown said...

Hopefully the scrapbooks survived somewhere and they were in Cincinnati so there's likely a good chance of it. I don't mean to retrieve them but it would be a shame to throw them out.