Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Dayum, This is a Tough Crowd Today

There's some science on Ithaka which is breathtaking since researchers discover how to make human skin with a 3D printer.  Cripes, what magic is this and how much pain may it save burn victims.

(Ithaka:  How About Making Skin on a 3D Printer - Science)


Researchers have discovered how to transplant brain cells as a possible form of therapy for stroke-injured people.  Here's a wild new world which may also bring dramatic relief.

Ithaka:  How About Transplantation to Remedy Stroke Damage - Science


So, yeah, I'm sayin' ... tough crowd to impress.

Ed:  are you seriously doing Dangerfield?

No but do add his delivery to it if you like.


Bob Dylan gives us an immediate metaphor for the current time and maybe that annoyed people but, even when he angers people, he's still one of the best poets of the era.

Ithaka:  "Don't Think Twice It's All Right" - Bob Dylan

Ithaka:  "It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)" - Bob Dylan

Many times people say Jim Morrison was the poet of the Sixties and I don't mean to take anything at all away from him but he wasn't the only one and we didn't even get to Jagger yet.

Ithaka:  "Sympathy For The Devil (Live)" - The Rolling Stones


But the poetry wasn't impressing you either so I'm sayin' again ... tough crowd.


There's no lament since you're just about to break a thousand again but, as usual, I have no idea what you read; I do know these ones don't get much attention so it's surprising.

Ed:  your choices suck!

I don't think so but it ain't good science without considering the possibility.


Maybe there's a strike for art critiques but I am working it.  I found another piece which presented a dramatic abstract Impressionism and I did ask permission but I think that one may come from a collector and I'm not interested in simple advertising; if I'm not pushing out the original artist to you then I don't have a reason.

There are two pending with no response as yet but maybe they see Ithaka and think, hell no, I don't want any part of that Commie crapshoot.  Communism died in the Eighties and it was in all the papers but people may take that view.  Artists in a physical medium may not be liberals and maybe it surprises you that Dali was tight with Franco.  Who knows what that means and I really don't want to analyze but the aroma of it is a tad sordid, isn't it.

The beat goes on and I will keep racking up whatever is interesting to me at the time.

Ed:  but sometimes it plays to a room full of crickets

Ain't that the story of my sad life.  It's a tough crowd, I'm tellin' you.

No comments: