Sunday, January 22, 2017

That One I Should Have Recorded

I shouldn't have let that one go away and it's a weeper for me as well.  This isn't about a fish that got away because it didn't.  Yevette heard it and the reaction to it was significantly higher when previously she had asked if I was recording but this time she said, "I hope you recorded that."

I knew it as soon as I put the Galaxy Guitar back in the stand.  Mac, you really fucked up that time.

My science is answered and the question isn't whether stoned is better but whether it gets vague since I know it was not when I was doing the previous bits over the last few days.

One difference is I could generally hear it before I started.  That changed but it wound up in a set of chords which I thought were pleasing.  I didn't want to hammer too hard because I knew Yevette was on the phone so I was using the clean sound with a phase shifter.  On top of that, I was using the hard distortion voice but chapped seriously down so as not to dominate the softer chords and there was no echo on anything.

If anything, I saw the melody on lead conformed better to the chords in terms of touching a note in each chord within whatever madness I was playing.


I do have an excuse; it's weak but the only one I've got.  I didn't think I would do it for long because of the First Law which is Save the Guitar.  Lotho was not far away when I pulled an earlier incantation of the Galaxy Guitar out of her stand when a chord got tangled.  This went over live amps and the volume was off but somehow the sound came anyway when she hit the ground and her neck broke instantly.

There are twelve ways to be crushed in life and this was all of them at once.  As to what the other ones are ... who cares (larfs).

Note:  she was not abandoned after that and lives to this day right here.


It didn't go for so long as in maybe ten minutes but no-one wants it much longer than that anyway.


Doing it again is out for now since I was kind of dragged out before I did it anyway so I'll be checking the ceiling for a few hours at this time.

Hidey hidey ho - Cab Calloway

No comments: