Tuesday, January 24, 2017

That Fish Definitely Got Away

When no-one hears it, that fish is gone.

I'm breaking my own rules but it's due to one simple fact ...

Ed:  you really don't want to screw with recording anything?

Yep, that's the simple fact ... but that's the second time in a row after which I've been kicking myself for failing to take the time to screw with recording anything.

Ed:  which makes you a shadipated numbskull!

Yep, that's the official ruling.


Back to the Record Everything rule because I can always throw it away later.


It started with some clean bluesy chords at the bottom with some dirty lead over the top but no echo on anything.  That felt tight and then there was another bit with echo on dirty chords and echo with the lead.  That went completely insane but it was still coherent, at least to me.

Ed:  and you let it get away

Yep, that fish done gone.

Ed:  it slipped right through your fingers

I didn't even get that close to recording it and there's no damn excuse since it only takes launching Audio Hijack, ensuring it went straight to the record mixer to disk setup, and click record.  Everything here is so dialed there's no damn excuse.

Ed:  is that enough flogging?

That should about do it and the reason is playing it again won't be the same and a lot not the same.  That fish done gone.


There's no loss of a Grammy hit in this, it's just stupidly wasteful.  It would have been swell to upload something to the podcast since that's accomplishment with here's something you may like.  Some of you may not but there's almost zero chance of everyone being enthusiastic for all the things which motivate me and the best deal is some will.  That may sound like a lament but it's not since I like the Ed Sullivan variety show kind of thinking.


Silence will be golden for a while since Yevette just crashed and that last poem is still sending a vibe like it needs another stanza or whatever that was.  I don't like writing things that way since it can get calculated and then the whole thing goes down the toilet.  For me, it's got to be one continuous spilling which better get it done since coming back to it is probably not a good idea.

It still wants me to come back to it and that's encouraged by the knowledge there was some enthusiasm with you for it.  I'm curious if it does extend so I must find out.  That one won't get away since I can chuck any change and leave it alone if it starts to get stiff.

I don't have any intention of recording it musically ... but I usually don't and sometimes it happens anyway.

Onward.

No comments: