Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Portrait of a Woman by Anna Tsvell ‏@AnnaTsvell #AbstractArt #ContemporaryArt


Portrait by Anna Tsvell@AnnaTsvell

Ms Tsvell brings us a work in a different medium but still highly-evocative.

I'm picking up a whole lot of pain from her and it looks like she has been wounded more than once.  I can't tell if this is a sadness she bears alone or it's representing the plight of all woman or possibly both.

It's a bold statement but I don't see a strident one since the strokes are so much more subdued with water color.  It seems she makes her statement and make of it what you will.

Maybe the lipstick shows us she may not feel so beautiful just now but she has not forgotten.

When the answer to a question is obvious then it stops being interesting but I do not see an immediate answer and that's what makes it compelling for me.



For more information:

Web site: http://annatsvell.tictail.com 

No comments: