Monday, January 23, 2017

Here's an Update on Art by Leah Nadeau #ContemporaryArt #ModernArt

Leah contacted me and sent a more comprehensive link to her work which shows me she's quite the prolific artist.  (Art by Leah Nadeau)

Ed:  you're just pretending to be nice to seduce her!

Ela, Ela!  I'm forty years older.

Ed:  forty-one!

Well, thanks for that update, huh?

Note:  'ela' is Greek for 'come on' and Greeks never say the word only once.  It's best with one hand waving for emphasis.


Of course I'm just pretending to be nice but the regulars aren't fooled so we cool, we cool.


I am only an art critic when I see something powerful and it impresses me.  Inevitably a good review of anything may lead to requests from others for more and I do apologize but I cannot always do that.  Ithaka is not a professional enterprise and specifically because why should you believe a word I write if I do it for money.

Ed:  do you seriously expect me to believe you want credibility more than cash?

Yes.


Part of the reason I do not want to be a pro critic is it means I will sometimes have to review work I do not like and I don't want to slash any art.  My ol' Dad slashed enough of his paintings in fits of (cough) artistic temperament that I will not do that here.  Ol' Dad, I haven't forgotten "Larks Ascending" and that one may have been the best ever.  I so damn much wish I had been a better critic back then and could have adequately told you.

No need for a long lament as it shows the motivation.

Ed:  the inner sense of thing?

Tall Daddy, you're jiving like the best jitterbugger in town lately!

Ed:  no disco?

Better dead than disco, mate.

Ed:  how fucking old are you?

I'm as old as anyone ever was and as young as the morning Sun.

(takes a humble bow, quietly laughing)


You can find more in the previous article including "Viva" which is the painting which caught my attention.  (Ithaka:  "Viva" by Leah Nadeau #ContemporaryArt #ModernArt)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she has a lot of fun making her art--very playful! And colorful! The website is very good also.

I wonder what process she uses for the producing the "products' using her artwork.

Been down and out with what I think are allergies...post nasal drip, itchy eyes, scratchy throat....ya da. ya da ya... Maybe you two are suffering with the same kind of thing and not a cold. Apparently there's a tree in Texas that causes it this time of year.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear from you as it's a huge boost and it figures that damn Ten-Day-Monster originated in Texas. Yikes! Sorry to inflict it on you too.

Some of my thinking works out ok as I figured if I'm trying to find the Mystery Lady then let's post some art and see what happens.

I'm diggin' this and I just found another one but awaiting permission. So far the artists said the interpretations were bang-on so, cool, find another one!